Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rachel has a Happy Heart!

Ok, I realize I JUST posted and update a few minutes ago, but 2 very exciting and happy things just happened in the last 20-30 minutes that I feel are worthy of a quick update of their own!

Just now, our landlady came by to collect our rent for the month, and her grandmother came with her.  This lady can speak a tiny bit of English and Shannon and I were talking to her about where we were from and how much Russian we know.  She was so sweet and happy and even invited us over for tea!!  So, basically, Shannon and I have a Russian babushka(this is how you pronounce the word for grandmother in Russian) now!! 

Secondly, and even more importantly, Heather Carr (one of the kids of the Ms that we are here serving with who has basically become a little sister for Shannon and I)  just accepted Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Words cannot describe how excited I am right now!!!  Shannon and I have both been praying for Heather and we have so very much enjoyed hanging out with her and getting to know her (as well as the other Carr kids by the way) and we fully claim her as our little sister.  It makes me so very happy to know that she is now my little sister in Christ!

Needless to say, my heart is extremely happy right now!! 
Thanks for letting my share my happiness with you!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment