Can we just take a moment to notice how well update this blog has been?!?! Lol It is quite unusual for me to keep something like this updated regularly, but I don’t think I have gone more than a week without an update!! J I hope you have enjoyed reading these updates as much as I have enjoyed writing them! I am so glad that I have a way to share what is on my heart and what God is teaching me here with all of you halfway across the world!
This last week:
We had such a great time at English club Monday night!!! We have a lot of fun every week, but there was something especially enjoyable about this week. Shannon and I both absolutely love the friends we have made here! They always make me smile and laugh.
Somewhere around the halfway mark of my time here I started noticing a transitioning in my thinking from thinking about how much I miss my friends and family back home to realizing just how much I am going to miss this place and these people when I’m in the States. Not that I don’t still miss all of you!! I miss you all so very much! But now, this place and these people have a very special place in my heart as well, and I am going to miss them all so very much when I leave in December! It is still a month and a half a way and I can already tell that a big piece of my heart will be left here when I leave. God has been building in me a heart for Russian people for quite some time now, and it is going to be SO hard to leave.
We had a craft club at our apartment this last Wednesday. We made some Halloween-themed crafts and decorations that we used to decorate the Carr’s apartment for our Women’s Club Halloween party. It was a great evening. We made plenty of decorations and had a great time or fellowship. And I have to mention that we listened to Christmas music the whole time! I have been in full Christmas music mode for about a month now. I just love it!! (side note: Thanks to my favorite sister for the heads up on David Crowder Band’s Christmas album coming out! It’s awesome!)
Women’s club this month was Halloween-themed! We had a ton of Halloween-themed food and played some games like Pumpkin Bowling and making mummies with toilet paper. We had so much fun. There was a great turn out of women. Eileen used an example of carving a pumpkin as a way to tell the Gospel. It was a great evening of fellowship!
Shannon and I will be heading to Moscow Wednesday night! We are both SO excited! I won’t be able to update until I get back, but you can expect to hear all about it sometime Sunday or Monday. J
No comments:
Post a Comment