Saturday, August 13, 2011

3 Days!!!... and random updates

Well I finished up at FBC Booker last week.  Mission Trip was great!  It was SO hot in Arlington, but these kids were so great and hardly complained at all.  The really connected with the kids at the apartment complex we were working at.  Overall it was a wonderful experience and I think God really worked in and through our students.  It was a really good summer working with the youth. 
I got to spend the first part of this week in Glorieta, NM for Collegiate Week.  What a great way to start my last week in the States!  It was at Collegiate Week last August that God really began to reveal His call for me this trip, so It was really encouraging to be back there and remembering all that I experienced that week and learning a few new things as well. 
In case any of you don’t already know, I got my visa!!  I only have a few little details left to get together.  Packing is proving to be a pretty intense challenge.  My 1 checked suitcase has to be under 44 lbs and my 1 carry on has to be under 11 lbs, which means that I have to pack for 4 months (2 of which will be very cold winter months!) in 55 lbs….. This is turning out to be rather difficult! Haha
I am very excited, but a bit of nervousness might be beginning to set in. Please continue to pray that I will be able to pick up the language!  Also, I would ask that you be praying for safe, conflict-free travel.  I will be leaving August 16th and arrive in London the morning of the 17th.  We will stay in London until the 22nd and arrive in Ufa, Russia very early the morning of the 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment