In my first month overseas, I have already made a small dent
in the list! Pictures below!
Places to visit
1.
St. Petersburg, Russia (which has a bucket list
of its own)
2.
China
4.
Ufa, Russia
In Russia
5.
Be at intermediate low in Russian before I leave
(according to ACTFL guidelines- see www.actfl.org
)
6.
See a Russian ballet (hopefully way more than
just one)
9.
Find my favorite type of Russian tea
10.
Go ice skating
11.
Finish reading Crime and Punishment (bonus: War
and Peace)
12.
Go to a hockey game (hopefully more than one)
13.
Learn to cook 2 Russian meals
General
14.
Collect fabrics from everywhere I visit so that I
can make a quilt
15.
Increase
my scarf collection J
16.
Improve my photography skills
17.
Blog at least once a month (this one really may give me some trouble!)
18.
Grow my hair out (so that at least 12 inches can
be cut off when I get back)
19.
…
Inside the Kazan Kremlin:
The Qolsharif Mosque
Some of the views from my ferry rides in Istanbul
This is where I am taking a CELTA course to be certified to teach English
This is a great list & I look forward to following along as you complete these things! (There's some motivation to keep blogging :) ) I wish I could come with you to the Russian ballet!!
ReplyDeletewww.traceyeliz.blogspot.com
So great to hear about your classes and travel. Thanks for keeping in touch. We pr For YOU Every Week in PR meeting at VMBC in Maryland. Some WMU ladies want to receive your news letter. How can the get on mailing list? Blessings to you. Sandy (we met you in Baltimore, Md)
ReplyDelete