Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bucket List Update!

I am coming up on 7 months since I landed in Kazan!  So, It's about time I posted and update for my bucket list isn't it?? 
I have completed a few things, made plans for a few more, and added some new ones!!  Still enjoying the adventure!

Let me know if you have any ideas for things to add to the list!!

Places to visit
1.      St. Petersburg, Russia (which has a bucket list of its own)
           - plans being made for a late April/early May trip!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!
2.      China


3.      Istanbul


4.      Ufa, Russia


In Russia


5.      Be at intermediate low in Russian before I leave (according to ACTFL guidelines- see www.actfl.org )


6.      See a Russian ballet (hopefully way more than just one)
           - tickets have been purchased for 2 ballets!!!  1 later this month and 1 in March
7.      Qolsharif Mosque


8.      Kazan Kremlin


9.       Enjoy hot tea


10.   Go ice skating
           - I even bought my own pair of ice skates!!  We'll see how good I can get while I'm here!
11. Go cross-country skiing
      - Awesome!
 
12.   Finish reading Crime and Punishment (bonus: War and Peace)
           - Started reading today
13.   Go to a hockey game (hopefully more than one)


14.   Learn to cook 2 Russian dishes


General


15.   Collect fabrics from everywhere I visit so that I can make a quilt
            - Fabrics have been purchased from: Istanbul, Kazan, and Antalya so far!
16.    Increase my scarf collection J
             - 3 new scarves so far!
17.   Improve my photography skills


18.   Grow my hair out (so that at least 12 inches can be cut off when I get back)
           - I think we are at 5-6 inches so far
19.    Improve my cooking skills
      - I have some delicious new recipes I've been working on
20. Journal regularly
 
21. ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment