Updates from the past week:
Last Friday, we had a Thanksgiving Men’s and Women’s Club. This was our 3rd time to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was a great evening! We had at least 40 people come and it was such a diverse group of people. We spent basically the entire afternoon cooking and decorating. The food was Amazing! Everyone seemed to enjoy it. We sang a few songs (we even sang 1 in Russian!!) Chris talked about Thanksgiving and we asked every table to go around and each person share what they are thankful for. Overall it was a fantastic evening. I will say that Shannon, Kelly and I were all very thankful that we would not have to be preparing for any more Thanksgiving meals anymore. It was a great 3 day long celebration, but cooking and preparing that much food 3 days in a row will sure wear a person out!
Last night was our last Craft Night meeting. I finally was able to complete a Pinterest project!! We made scarves from t-shirts last night. We didn’t have very many people come, but we had fun with our small group and we were able to make some pretty cool looking scarves! (Side note: Ashley: we MUST make some more over your Christmas break! J)
Shannon, Kelly, and I are trying to get ready for our Christmas presentation at school. We are finding it very difficult to find motivation to work on this project though. Hopefully we will get some planning done and it will turn out well…
The Sunday night Bible discussion group has been studying John 3:16 and the surrounding verses recently. This has brought up some good discussion, and I think it is very possible that some lives are being changed for the better in this group!
In other news, Shannon and I FINALLY ate at the New York Steak House that is right below our apartment! After walking by this place practically every day for 3 and a half months and smelling the deliciousness all the time, we finally made time to go enjoy an incredible meal there today. It was fantastic! We also made it out to the Ikea that opened back in September. Basically, we did a lot of Americanish things today here in Russia, but it sure was a fun day!
With the beginning of December, we are realizing more and more that our time here is drawing close to the end. Shannon and I have had to start saying some goodbyes to some of our friends and it seems like every time we go to some meeting or club, we realize that it is our last or next to last time to see certain people. Oh how I miss my family and friends! These 4 months have gone by so quickly, but it has still been difficult to be away from all of you for so long. I know that I will deeply miss everyone here when I head home to though. I think a piece of my heart will be left here, but I am also getting more and more ready to pick up the piece of my heart that has been in America for 4 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment