Friday, November 11, 2011

So Many Thoughts...

I have been wanting to post an update, but there are so many things floating through my mind that I can’t seem to formulate a clear enough pattern.  So, I thought I would copy an idea from a friend of mine and post an update of all the thoughts that are going through my head as they come.  So here it is… a peek into my scattered and unorganized mind:

I can’t wait to get my hair cut and highlighted! And have a straightener that works so that I can fix my hair with more than 1 style
It makes me so overjoyed to see Russian people (particularly the elderly people or the people working on busses or trams) happy, smiling, and joking around in a public setting.  It makes my heart so happy.
I can’t wait to see and talk to all my friends and family, but most of all I think I can’t wait to hug everyone!  I have missed my hug-crazed family!
Before now, I have been on the fence about whether or not Christmas-themed things should be played/watched/seen before Thanksgiving…. I am no longer on the fence…. Christmas stuff is great all year long!  I think Christmas music and Christmas episodes of NCIS and seeing Christmas lights on buildings and trees here have warmed my heart in a much-needed way over the last 3 months. 
I excited and nervous about really entering the real world when I get back…
-          What kind of job should I look for?
-          Where should I live?
I have SO many different crafting ideas in my head right now that I would Love to do if only I had the supplies and the free time.
Exactly 1 month from right now I will be in London for debrief and then 3 days later I will be headed home.
-          I am completely torn about this…. I want to go home and see everyone SOOOOO badly, but I am going to miss everyone here when I leave….
I really really hope I can keep learning Russian when I go home.
-          I really wish I understood more grammar rules!
Leal’s sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good right now!!  I miss their queso like no other! Lol
I can’t wait to watch all those cheesy Lifetime Christmas movies with my mom (and annoy Ashley and dad to death! J )
I really wish I could play the piano
I just started looking at Pinterest… part of me is really excited, and part of me is really mad that this is going to use up so much of my free time…
Sometimes I wish my conscience would let me go to bed without setting an alarm and sleep peacefully until whenever I happen to wake up.
I have been eating Way too much chocolate and sweets during my stay in Russia… but that really doesn’t bother me too much
I’m going to have to start running again…. But I’ll wait until After Christmas.
Forgiveness is such a wonderful thing! I can’t believe how much God has taught me about forgiveness and patience over the past 3 months.
More than anything, I can’t wait to worship my Savior in Heaven.
-          There are so many people that I desperately hope to see in Heaven someday, but right now I know they wouldn’t be there…
UNC’s first basketball game of the season starts in about 7 hours!!! J
Its 11/11/11!  - I have had an alarm set to go off at 11:09 on this day for at least a year and a half so that I would be able to make a wish at 11:11.  I don’t have my phone with me, but I still managed to make a wish this morning, and I’m definitely going to be watching the clock closely tonight as well J
I am so thankful for the service men and women who have served and are serving to protect our freedom.
I have so many books on my “To Read” list.
This trip would have been so much harder if it weren’t for the Carr family and their willingness to adopt Shannon and I into their family
I am so excited to cook chocolate chip muffins, cheesecake brownies, bleeny, and whatever else I learn to cook during my time here.
Someday I truly hope that I get to visit Moscow and/or St. Petersburg with the lovely Casey Brazell.
My time here has flown by so quickly.
I don’t really like tea that much, but living in Russia has made me want an electric kettle.  Those things are Awesome!
It is not nearly as cold here as I was expecting.  Yay for preparing well enough for the weather here!
Can I please have a craft room in my future house!?!
I don’t know what I’m gonna do with myself when I don’t have to walk up 10 flights of stairs a day and I won’t have to leave my house 30 mins before I have to be somewhere
I probably shouldn’t be thinking about going home so much, because I really don’t want to spend this last month fighting homesickness. 
I wish I had a better eye for photography, and that it was less awkward to carry around a camera and take pictures of everything I see.
I hope I will never forget anything about my time here in Ufa.
This will be the first time I have not been home for Thanksgiving with my family.
Chex mix would be awesome right now.
I find myself often wishing that I could know exactly how God is using me to affect each person’s life.  I trust His plan and feel so blessed to be used to accomplish that plan, but it can be hard when you don’t get to see the results very often.

Well, there ya go… I hope through that mess of thoughts you can see a little of what is going on right now and perhaps you will be encouraged to pray for my sanity with all that going through my mind. J

No comments:

Post a Comment